- The Vine-Ripened Lie – What do you think? Vine-ripened versus off the vine. Fight!
- Wet-year Tomato Troubles – We’re all starting to get anxious about this year’s tomato crop.
- Handmade Berry Colander – Love these pottery colanders for straining berries by Jeanette Zeis.
- Show & Tell Harvest – Lots of gorgeous photos popping up in the Show & tell pool.
- Rustic Fruit Desert – An inspiring fruit desert idea for that summer fruit glut.
Botanical art, garden craft, toys, downloads, shop, fun…
Two of the dwarf cherry tomato varieties I am growing on the roof are coming in full force these days.
The yellow are ‘Yellow Pygmy’ and I believe the red are ‘Koralik’ (I lost the tag!). Both are delicious and sweet but the (possibly) ‘Koralik’ skins are slightly more tender and the flesh juicier.
Both plants are growing in foot-deep containers (one plant per pot).Leave a comment
I saw these dahlias while out on a bike ride and had to turn around and go back to take some photos. I’ve come around to dahlias for looking at, but I still don’t have any interest in sacrificing space to grow them. Thankfully there are lots of Portuguese families in my area that fill up their postage stamp lawns with them every summer.Leave a comment
It’s time again to spread the cosmos love around. They’re everywhere right now.
Yet again I am charmed. I blew three Polaroids on cosmos the other day. That’s more than 6 bucks spent admiring a flower that can self-seed into a thin sliver of cracked concrete.
Worth every penny, I’d say.
See also: Orange cosmos (Cosmos sulphureus)Leave a comment