Another Seedy Saturday has come and gone and as usual I went in with big ideas but didn’t quite make it to all the booths. However, this year I can proudly say that I made a list and mostly stuck to it! What’s more, most of my items were trades — a staggering four packs were purchases! Making a list and planning really does make a difference. Who knew?
Here’s a list of what I did get. Of course, you should see the number of items that remain on the list. Scary!
- Calendula ‘Triangle Flashback’ – An acid reference if I ever heard one (not really but I like to pretend).
- Cucumber ‘Mini White’
- Romaine Lettuce ‘Forellenschluss’
- Bush Beans ‘Dragon’s Tongue’
- Pepper Cress
- PEI Wild Roses – From Lorraine Johnson
- Nicotiana ‘Aztec’ – The trader was unsure about this variety. I am partial to height in nicotiana and find the short varieties to be kind of underwhelming. However I was won over by the promise of jasmine-like fragrance. Turns out this plant grows to around 3 feet tall which makes it a keeper!
- Pole Bean ‘Violet Trionfo’ – Confusing because I have known these as ‘Trionfo Violetto’ but… okay I’ll go with it.
- West Indian Gherkin
- Tomato ‘Whipper Snapper’
- Tomato ‘Sophie’s Choice’
- Tomato ‘Mirabelle Multiflora’ – These last three were from forum member, “Sorellina.” Her little boy is quite a gardener in the making, impressing me with a very convincing and sophisticated critique of ‘Whipper Snapper.’
- Radish ‘Cherry Belle’
- Cilantro – Sure it self-seeds in the garden but since I’m one of those genetically predisposed to liking it I find I can never turn down a free pack of seeds.
- Bush Bean ‘Trail of Tears’ – I know these as ‘Cherokee Trail of Tears’ but again… lazy naming or confusion?
- Lettuce ‘Lolla Rossa’ – Have also seen this called "Lollo Rossa" however ‘Lolla" has stuck.
- Here I am at our table wearing our newest t-shirt design, “Aphids Suck.”
See last year’s event here.