Guest post by Kelly Gilliam
So besides being an avid gardening, I’ve an avid knitter. That means I’m always looking for cool new things to knit up.
Today I got the idea in my head “hey, what about knitting plants??”
So after a little searching I found these awesome knit plants that you can make.
Garden Variety (more veggies!)
A knit opuntia (sorry no instructions, but can be a launching point for ideas!)
And possibly the most easy thing you can do:
1. Get a feltable yarn (a 100% non-superwash wool will work)
2. Knit the basic shape of a flower (a great directory of free flower patterns here)
3. Knit an i-cord.
4. Felt the i-cord and string a sturdy wire through it.
5. Sew a pot from felt (a-la the above knit opuntia)
6. Put it all together and ta-da! A knit plant! Guaranteed to never wilt or die, and never need watering.